* Build and maintain relationships as a key audit partner with business area management to effectively provide audit support and internal controls expertise
* Conduct business and integrated audits as well as consulting services designed to assess and improve operations within the entire asset management business
* Manage all aspects of an audit: planning, fieldwork, report writing, and presentation of results to audit management and senior business management
* Develop the audit work programs and conduct audit fieldwork, including documenting processes and procedures, establishing testing approach, reviewing and analyzing documentation, and identifying and documenting process and control issues
* Formulate clear and concise audit findings, reflecting deficiencies identified during audit fieldwork, related risk impact, and suggestions on practical recommendations to mitigate risk
* Conduct an annual audit risk assessment for operational entities, deriving recommendations for the subsequent year's annual audit plan
* Perform follow-up activities to evaluate the sufficiency and timeliness of management responses and corrective action taken in response to audit recommendations
* Contribute ideas that strengthen internal audit practices and other risk/control efforts
* Travel up to 20% per annum is estimated
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
* Minimum 4 years of applicable work experience, preferably in Internal Audit, Risk Management or Compliance, within an Asset Management company, division, or other financial institution; or in public accounting covering Asset Management clients and experience with SSAE 16 engagements
* Good understanding of fixed income securities, alternative products, and derivatives
* Superior analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to challenge the status quo while being collaborative
* Ability to work well within a matrix organization while being a consensus builder and team player
* Cultural skills and sensitivities necessary to work effectively in a global organization
* Outstanding organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments and projects with varying deadlines
* Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
The mission of the Internal Audit department in this company is to provide entities with independent, risk oriented and objective review and consulting services to help improve business operations. The US Internal Audit team is based in Newport Beach and New York City and is part of the Global Internal Audit team with additional presence in Munich, Frankfurt, and Hong Kong. As a member of the US Internal Audit team you will perform audits in various locations throughout the United States and also provide support to the Internal Audit teams in Europe and Asia.
* Medical benefits
* Hybrid work model
* Growth Opportunity
* Opportunity to work for a leading insurance company.