The Clinical Scheduling Specialist generates, manages and updates master schedules for the nursing department while making adjustments as needed according to budgetary constraints, census fluctuations, attendance tracking, benefit accrual entries, and leaves of absence.Employee Perks!: 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Clean, Neat & Newly Renovated Facility, Consistent work and holiday rotations to provide you with a great work/life balance, Discounted employee meals, Enjoy being a part of a strong and diverse team, Free On-Site Parking, Friendly and supportive staff, Generous PTO & holiday package, Monthly employee appreciation events, NEW Weekly Pay Schedule!, Point-earning employee reward program: redeem for prizes! Responsibilities:
1. Acts as the point person and lead for all matters related to scheduling staff.
2. Thoroughly understands and uses the master staffing schedule extensively.
3. Uses multiple staffing tools intricately and possesses an in-depth understanding staffing to census expectations.
4. Troubleshoots and effectively problem-solves staffing complexities with minimum supervision.
5. Displays understanding of PPD metric and how to staff accordingly.
6. Maintains regular, consistent communication with DON/ADON to ensure coordination of staffing.
7. Maintains accuracy of nursing schedule in Kronos and all required tracking.
8. Prepares daily staffing sheets with continual revisions as necessary.
9. Follows company policies for staffing as well as budgeted guidelines for assignment of staff.
10. Completes a listing of vacant nursing positions for DON weekly.
11. Schedules staff time off requests according to established guidelines and the DON/ADON's approval/direction.
12. Ensures at least one other staff member is trained on the Staffing Specialist’s position in the event of vacation, sick leave, vacancy, etc.
13. Identifies critical or difficult to fill positions/shifts and takes proactive action to balance the schedule.
14. Reviews daily exception logs for payroll and assists with payroll preparation for the nursing and nursing admin department.
15. Communicates regularly with agency contacts and maintains positive, proactive business relationships.
16. Collaborates with human resources regarding policy implementation, compliance for new staff (both internal and agency) and properly communicates all staff requests (e.g. status changes).
17. Displays professionalism and ability to work in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
18. Communication expert with the ability to approach staff easily, form strong relationships and persuade staff to assist in times of need.
19. Consistently demonstrates fairness and impartiality in accordance with company scheduling/staffing practices.
20. Utilizes electronic timekeeping system as directed.
Base wages increase with experience!Qualifications:
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical or religious exemption from vaccination.