You provide an experience that goes beyond the meal. It’s about how they feel when they're your guest - from the time they walk into the cafe, to the time they leave.
Sodexo Universities is seeking a Catering Manager 2, for Colleges of St. Rose in Albany, NY. The Catering Manager will have oversight of the catering department with events ranging from simple day-to-day coffee service to high-end. In this role, driving sales and identifying areas for growth is paramount. Sodexo will manage resident dining, retail concepts and catering. Students today are constantly on the go, expecting healthier dining choices, excellent service and lots of flexibility for where and when they choose to eat. We understand students and meet their ever-changing needs. That is why Sodexo Education is the leading campus dining provider, serving more than 600 higher education campuses throughout the country.
The successful candidate will:
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management and Catering positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Catering. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements:
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.