This position is located in Hamburg, NY.
Dishwasher team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by being responsible for dish room tasks of clearing, soaking, scraping, washing, air drying, and putting away of china and utensils used in serving and preparation of food. This individual also assists with daily cleaning duties of the food production areas and sanitation duties.Employee Perks!: Clean, Neat & Newly Renovated Facility, Close to thruway entrances/exits, Conveniently located on a bus route, Discounted employee meals, Free On-Site Parking, Quiet suburban neighborhood, Uniform Provided Responsibilities:
1. Carries out the clearing, scraping and putting of dishes and utensils in dish machine, and the emptying of dish machine and putting away of dishes after being air dried.
2. Cleans dish machine, sinks and counters; removes all garbage from work area and kitchen.
3. Keeps work area equipment clean and in good condition.
4. Disposes garbage properly in the receptacle located outside of building.
5. Mops floors in work area after each meal.
6. Follows daily cleaning lists.
7. Helps clear dining room tables when needed.
8. Helps with receiving/storing of food deliveries.
9. Replenishes soap for sinks and detergent for dish machine as needed.
10. Attends facility meetings, staff meetings, and required or preferred in-services.
11. Performs all position duties according to safety rules and standards of practice required for this position, and as required to ensure the general safety of staff, residents and visitors of this facility.
12. Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of all policies and procedures and ability to reference them.
13. Utilizes electronic timekeeping system as directed.
14. Arrives to work on time, regularly, and works as scheduled.
15. Recognizes and follows the dress code of the facility including wearing name tag at all times.
16. Follows policy and procedure regarding all electronic devices, computers, tablets, etc.
17. Supports and abides by Elderwood’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
18. Abides by Elderwood’s businesses code of conduct, compliance and HIPAA policies.
19. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor, management staff or Administrator.
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination.EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.