2100 Logic Drive
San Jose, CA 95124
CEO: Willem Roelandts
Stock Symbol: XLNX
Xilinx leads one of the fastest growing segments of the semiconductor
industry - programmable logic devices. Xilinx develops, manufactures,
and markets a broad line of advanced integrated circuits, software
design tools and intellectual property. Customers use the automated
tools and intellectual property -- predefined system-level functions
delivered as software cores -- from Xilinx and its partners to
program the chips to perform custom logic operations.
Founded in 1984, Xilinx pioneered a revolutionary
new technology, the field programmable gate array (FPGA), and
shipped its first commercial product in 1985. Today, Xilinx fulfills
more than half the world demand for FPGAs. Xilinx also markets
complex programmable logic devices (CPLDs), which are faster
than FPGAs for some applications but have fewer logic resources.
Xilinx has more than 7,500 customers worldwide
and more than 50,000 design starts. Customers include Alcatel,
Cisco Systems, EMC, Ericsson, Fujitsu, Hewlett-Packard, IBM,
Lucent Technologies, Motorola, NEC, Nokia, Nortel, Samsung, Siemens,
Sony, Sun Microsystems and Toshiba.
Xilinx is a "fabless" supplier,
meaning it doesn't operate its own chip factories. It outsources
from IBM in the U.S. and UMC in Taiwan.
The company has manufacturing operations
in San Jose and Dublin, Ireland and a major facility in Longmont,
CO, where much of the company's software development takes place.
A facility in Albuquerque, NM, is dedicated to the development
of the company's low-power CoolRunner line of CPLDs as well as
intellectual property for FPGAs. Other offices are located in
Raleigh, NC, Columbia, MD; Austin, TX; Minneapolis, MN; Edinburgh,
Scotland; Grenoble, France; and Toronto, Canada. Xilinx also
maintains sales and support offices throughout Europe and Asia
and in Japan.
In fiscal 2005, Xilinx had revenues of
$1.5 billion and net income of $312.7 million.
- Employee contributes up to 25% of earnings on a pre-tax basis,
up to IRS prevailing maximum.
- Company contributes to each employee's 401(k) account every
quarter if Xilinx achieves its financial goals for that quarter.
- Contribution is made to 401(k) accounts regardless of whether
the employee contributes to the account. Vesting is immediate.
- Diversified investment options and loans of up to 50% of account
- Our Stock Option Program allows full-time regular employees
to build equity in the company. Options are 100% vested after
4 years of employment, and vest monthly after the 1st year of
- Xilinx values continuous learning and will pay for a portion
of the cost, up to a yearly program maximum, for those employees
who pursue an approved degree or certification at an accredited
school or college.
Medical, Dental & Vision:
- Xilinx has 4 medical plan options (Aetna PPO, Aetna EPO, Kaiser,
Lovelace-Depending on your location). Aetna PPO offers out of
network benefits at 70% coverage and no deductible on in network
PPO or HMO options. EPO and HMO plans offer 100% hospitalization
coverage. "Opt-out" option provides cash back to employees
who waive medical coverage.
- Prescription drug plan offers 30 day supply (Kaiser 100 day
supply) for co-payments of $10 (generic) or $20 (brand name).
- 2 dental plans (Aetna Indemnity and DMO), which provide preventative
care, routine maintenance, major restorative and orthodontia
benefits. Opt out option available.
- Vision Service Plan (VSP), which provides annual eye examination,
1 pair of lenses (or contact lenses in lieu of lenses) every
12 months and one pair of frames every 24 months.
- Flexible Spending Accounts allow you to put pre tax dollars
into two different accounts. The Health Care account pays for
medical, dental and vision expenses not covered. The Dependent
Care account pays for day care for your children or elderly dependents.
Vacation, PTO, & Holiday:
- A generous schedule of vacation accrual that begins at 15 days
your first year, 17 days through your fourth year, 19 days through
your ninth year and keeps increasing over time to 25 days annually.
- 10 paid holidays per year.
- 10 days annual accrual for sick or emergency time off.
- The Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) allows employees
to purchase shares at 15% discount on stock price through payroll
deductions. 24 month subscription period with semi annual enrollment.
Short Term Disability
- Income protection if you are out due to non work related illness
Long Term Disability:
- 100% company paid.
- Pays 66 2/3% of salary to a maximum of $9,000 per month up
to age 65.
Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment:
- 100% company paid.
- Basic life and AD&D are each 2 times your annual base to
a maximum of $400,000.
- Business travel accident is 3 times your annual base salary
to a maximum of $500,000.
- Supplemental life insurance available.
Xilinx recognizes that balancing family issues, your personal
life and your career can sometimes be a challenge. To help you
meet that challenge, LifeBalance provides resources and referrals
for parenting, child care, elder care, education management,
or general life balance issues, 100% paid for by the company.
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) provides counseling and referrals
for you and your eligible family members. Up to 8 confidential
counseling visits provided, and legal phone services network
available, all covered 100% by the company.
Local Featured Benefits (depending on location):
- TECH CU and Keypoint Credit Union membership.
- Price/Costco membership.
- Discount tickets for local attractions.
- Complimentary coffee, teas, cocoa and soups.
- Health club discounts.
- Casual business attire every day.
- Full service Cafe
Updated November 20, 2005