Operates women's clothing stores.
Foothill Ranch, CA 92610
CEO: Ed Thomas
Stock Symbol: WTSL
The Wet Seal, Inc. is a retailer of fashionable and contemporary apparel and accessory items for young women.
The company announced it will close 338 retail stores on January 7, 2015 due to weak sales. The stores represent 48% of company's net sales for the nine months ending November 1, 2015. The closures will result in layoffs of 3,695 full- and part-time employees.
After the store closings, the company expects to operate a total of 173 stores in 42 states and Puerto Rico and an e-commerce business at www.wetseal.com.
The company was founded in Newport Beach, CA by Lorne Huycke in 1962 as "Lorne's." The "Wet Seal" name comes from a comment Lorne Huycke made during a fashion show commenting that a model wearing a bathing suit looked like a "wet seal."
The company launched the Arden B brand in 1998.
Wet Seal offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package for our eligible full-time employees everything from medical and dental insurance to paid holidays and a generous employee discount. Because we believe The Wet Seal and Arden B are only as good as the people who work here, we want them to be well taken care of. Take a look at what we have to offer.
Health and Wellness Benefits
- Pre-Tax Medical, Dental, and Vision Plan Options
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Basic Company Paid Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Employee, Spouse, and Child Term Life Insurance Buy-Up Options
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Program for all Employees & Family Members
- Dependent Care and Health Care Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Company Paid Short and Long-Term Disability (for specific benefit-eligible employees)
Additional Voluntary Benefits
- Whole Life Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
Vacation and Time Off
- Sick Time
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Jury Duty Pay
- Alternative Work Schedule (for eligible corporate employees)
- All employees and eligible dependents receive a generous discount at all Wet Seal and Arden B stores.
Employee Referral Program
- Corporate employees are eligible to earn a cash bonus if the Company hires an applicant referred by the employee for a corporate position.
Updated January 7, 2015