9800 Fredericksburg Road
San Antonio, TX 78288
CEO: Josue Robles Jr.
USAA is a financial services company exclusively for members of the U.S. military, retirees and their families.
USAA provides auto and property insurance, life insurance, banking, financial planning and investment services including mutual funds. The company has over 10.3 million members, 42.6 million products and net worth of over $24 billion.
The company has headquarters in San Antonio
with operating facilities in Colorado Springs, CO; Las Vegas,
NV; Norfolk, VA; Phoenix, AZ; Sacramento, CA; and Tampa, FL.
International offices are in London, England and Frankfurt, Germany.
USAA is the 26th-largest bank, sixth-largest auto insurer and fifth-largest homeowners insurer.
In 2013, USAA had over $20.97 billion in revenues and net income of $2.72 billion.
The company was named to the list of 100 Best Companies to Work for in America by Fortune Magazine for the fifth straight year.
USAA began in 1922, when a handful of military
officers met in San Antonio to form a member-owned insurance
company. It was difficult for military personnel to get insurance
because of their profession.
By building around the core values of service,
loyalty, honesty, and integrity, they created a company uniquely
suited to the needs of the military and their families. USAA
stands for United Services Automobile Association.
Health care plans for employee and family
- Medical Preferred Provider Organization
- Dental Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Dental Health Maintenance Organization (DHMO)
- Vision care
Flexible spending accounts
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
Group life, accidental death and travel accident insurance
Employee assistance plan
Preventive care benefits
- Routine check-ups/exams and preventive services for employee
- Online Health Risk Assessments (HRAs)
- Annual On-site health screenings
- Age-specific medical prevention services
- Short-term disability coverage
- Long-term disability coverage
Other wellness benefits (not available at all locations)
- CPR Classes
- Ergonomics consultation
- Fitness centers on-site
- Fitness evaluations
- Health education classes and seminars
- Health services clinics
- Nurse-administered allergy shots and immunizations
- Nursing mother's room
- Massage therapy
- Physical therapy
- Recreation programs and facilities
- Smoking cessation benefits
- Weight management benefits
- Weight Watchers at Work program
- Wellness fairs
- Pre-tax and after-tax employee contributions
- Company matches dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay you contribute
- Multiple investment choices
- Company funded
Post-retirement medical, dental, and life insurance benefits
- Similar coverage as employee plans
Access to USAA Products and Services
- Insurance, banking, investments, financial planning, exclusive
Business casual dress
Educational assistance program
- Company-paid tuition for college and professional designations
- Company-paid books and study materials
On-site child development centers (not available at all locations)
- Free secured and covered parking
- Company stores
- Cafés and cafeterias
- Van pool program
- Post office
- Employee travel agency
Paid time off program
- Paid holidays and generous vacation allowance
- Option to buy and sell paid time off
Work-life referral sources
Updated September 16, 2014