State Employees Federal Credit Union
Headquarters: 575 Broadway
Albany, NY 12204
CEO: Michael Castellana
SEFCU is the largest credit union serving the Capital Region of Albany and one of the top 50 in the nation. SEFCU offers banking services including checking accounts, mortgages and loans to consumers and businesses. SEFCU also offers insurance products including life, disability and commercial insurance.
The credit union is open to NY state employees and just about anyone who lives in the Capital Region of New York, Buffalo, Binghamton and Syracuse. SEFCU has 46 branches and 75 ATMs.
SEFCU has over $2.7 billion in assets and over 305,000 members.
SEFCU moved its headquarters to Kiernan Plaza at 575 Broadway in downtown Albany in 2014.
SEFCU had its origins in 1934. It grew exponentially in the 1970s and 80s by offering more services including travelers cheques, home mortgages and Visa cards. The company would make its first merger with Syracuse State Employees Federal Credit Union to expand beyond the Capital Region and a recent merger with Niagara Frontier State Employees Federal Credit Union enabled SEFCU to serve the Buffalo region as well.
Immediate coverage offered to those working 20 hours or more per week.
- Health and Dental Insurance. Medical and dental coverage for you and your dependents.
- Vision Care Program. Flat-fee reimbursement to help pay for out-of-pocket expenses, including eye exams, glasses and contact lenses.
- Flexible Benefits Plan. Set aside money on a pre-tax basis to be used toward dependent care and your out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Get help with resolving personal concerns that can interfere with your ability to perform job tasks. Counseling and referral services are provided on a strictly confidential basis.
- Life Insurance. Receive coverage in the amount of two times your annual salary, including accidental death and dismemberment coverage.
- Disability Insurance. If you’re out of work for 30 days due to an injury or disability, we’ll replace 100% of your salary. If you need more time off, our enhanced disability insurance provides coverage at two-thirds of your monthly salary (maximum monthly benefits apply).
- Retirement. Save for retirement through our profit-sharing plan and employer-matched 401(k) plan.
- Educational Assistance. SEFCU will pay 100% of the local public university tuition rate for up to two job-related courses per semester.
- Paid Benefit Time (PBT). Receive paid time off in increasing increments, based on your length of service at SEFCU. PBT can be used for scheduled and unscheduled time off, including sick days.
- Holidays. SEFCU provides paid time off for New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- Financial Services. Receive special rates on many SEFCU products and services, including reduced rates on credit cards, consumer loans, home equity loans and mortgages.
Updated January 17, 2015