Developer of business intelligence and analytical software.
100 SAS Campus Dr.
Cary, NC 27513
CEO: Jim Goodnight
SAS is one of the world's largest software companies. It is a leader in business intelligence and analytical software and services. Customers at more than 75,000 sites in 138 countries use SAS software to improve performance through insight from data, resulting in faster, more accurate business decisions; more profitable relationships with customers and suppliers; compliance with governmental regulations; research breakthroughs; and better products and processes.
In 2014, total revenues were $3.09 billion, up from $3.02 billion in 2013. 25% of revenue was reinvested in Research and Development.
SAS Institute was named No. 4 among The 100 Best Companies to Work for in America by Fortune magazine for 2015 and has been on the list every year since its existence. The company has more than 400 offices globally.
Breakdown of number of employees:
* United States: 7,067
-- World Headquarters (Cary, NC): 5,523
* Canada: 334
* Latin America: 453
* Europe, Middle East and Africa: 3,781
* Asia Pacific: 2,310
SAS (pronounced "sass"), which once stood for "statistical analysis software," was created by Jim Goodnight and N.C. State University colleagues, including John Sall, in the early 1970s to analyze agricultural-research data. In 1976, SAS Institute was founded in Raleigh, NC to develop and sell the software. A partnership with IBM is established the same year.
By 1979, SAS reached 600 customers.
In 1980, SAS European Headquarters opens in the United Kingdom.
Since it first started in 1976, SAS has offered the following benefits to employees:
- Profit sharing plan and discretionary bonuses.
- Flexible work schedule and 35-hour workweek.
- Employee-friendly perks - including Friday breakfast goodies, Wednesday M&Ms, fresh fruit on Mondays, break rooms stocked with complimentary drinks and snacks, companywide winter party, family spring picnic, family Halloween party and numerous family activities throughout the year.
Employees at the headquarters campus in Cary, NC, enjoy onsite amenities including healthcare and daycare centers, a 66,000-square foot recreation and fitness center, plus incentive programs to reward employee wellness.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, provided at no premium cost to full-time, salaried employees; employee pays premium for dependent/domestic partner coverage only
- Low-premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans for part-time employees
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Plans
- Company Paid Vacation Three weeks per year to start and four weeks per year after 10 years of employment
- Paid Sick Days
- Flexible Work Schedules (subject to manager's approval)
-11 Paid Holidays
- Jury Duty, Military and Funeral Leaves
Updated December 13, 2015