Operates growing sandwich chain.
222 Merchandise Mart Plaza, 23rd floor
Chicago, IL 60654
CEO: Aylwin Lewis
Stock Symbol: PBPB
Potbelly is a fast-growing chain of restaurants offering fresh, toasted sandwiches at over 363 locations in the U.S. and the District of Columbia. Franchisees operate 29 shops in the U.S. and the Middle East.
Potbelly sandwiches are made with high quality meats, cheeses and veggies. They also serve salads, soups, breakfast sandwiches, and chili along with shakes and smoothies.
The company went public on the Nasdaq Stock Market on October 4, 2013 at the price of $14 per share.
Potbelly earned revenues of $326.9 million in 2014, a 9.1% increase, with net income of $6.7 million.
Potbelly opened 46 new shops in 2014, with 39 company-owned and 7 by franchisees, and expects to open 48-55 new shops in 2015, including 40-45 company-operated shops.
Potbelly originally started as an antique shop in Chicago in 1977 that began serving sandwiches to boost sales along with homemade desserts and live music.
In 1996, Bryant Keil acquired Potbelly Sandwich Works on Lincoln Avenue in Chicago. He would open a second shop in 1997 and gradually expand with shops in Washington DC, Dallas, Baltimore and Houston. The 200th Potbelly shop opened in 2008.
All eligible employees are offered the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance: Three PPO Plans available through Blue Cross Blue Shield with very generous cost sharing
- Dental: A PPO Plan and an HMO Plan offered through CIGNA
- Vision: A comprehensive plan available through EyeMed
- Short Term and Long Term Disability: Financial protection if you become disabled
- Basic Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment: 100% company paid
- Voluntary Life Insurance and Dependent Life Insurance: Additional life insurance for yourself and for your family
- 401(k): Potbelly matches $.50 to the dollar up to 6% of total compensation, up to $3,000.
- Time Off: We have varying levels of personal time off programs depending on your position and tenure with the company.
- Transportation Program: Employees can save up to 40% on commuting expenses to and from work
- Employee Assistance Program: 100% confidential counseling and referral services
- Domestic Partner Benefits: Domestic Partners are eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision and Dependent Life Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Employees can save up to 30% on eligible out-of-pocket health and dependent care expenses
Employees can also take advantage of these Potbelly perks:
- Discount Programs: Potbelly offers discounts on cellular plans (T-Mobile) and pet insurance...yes, pet insurance!
- Potbelly Meal Discounts!
- Competitive compensation packages!
Updated February 22, 2015