New York Metro Area Insurance Providers
- Empire Blue Cross - Largest health insurance company in the state with 4.5 million subscribers. Serves New York City and 28 counties in New York.
- Oxford Health Plan - 1.55 million members in New York, NJ and Connecticut.
- Aetna - Provides health insurance through employers in NY and all 50 states.
- GHI - Covers 2.5 million people in New York State.
- Health Insurance Plan of New York (HIP) - Largest HMO in NY metro area with 1 million members.
- Vytra - 200,000 members on Long Island
Upstate Insurance Providers
Healthy NY - Program by NY State which offers coverage to those without insurance. You must meet certain eligibility requirements and income levels.