Fortune 500 Job Source
Idaho Job Source
Add Your Resume
8000 South Federal Way
Boise, ID 83707
CEO: Mark Durcan
Stock Symbol: MU
Micron is one of the world's leading semiconductor companies. Micron manufactures DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash memory products that are used in everything from computing, networking, and server applications, to mobile, embedded, consumer, automotive, and industrial designs.
The company has wholly owned wafer fabrication facilities in Boise, ID, Manassas, VA, Kiryat Gat, Israel, Agrate and Avezzano, Italy, and Singapore; wholly owned assembly and test operations in Boise, ID, Xi’an, China, Muar, Malaysia, and Singapore; and memory module assembly operations in Boise, Singapore and Aguadilla, Puerto Rico.
IM Flash Technologies (IMFT), Micron's joint venture with Intel, produces NAND Flash at Micron's Virginia fabrication facility, as well as the IMFT facility in Lehi, UT which Micron contributed to the joint venture. IM Flash Singapore (IMFS), Micron’s other joint venture with Intel, will be producing NAND Flash in Singapore. Inotera Memories, Micron’s joint venture with Nanya Technology, operates two 300mm DRAM fabrication facilities in Taiwan.
Micron sells memory under the Crucial and Lexar brands.
In fiscal 2013, Micron reported revenues of $9.07 billion and net income of $1.19 billion.
On July 31, 2013, the company completed its acquisition of Elpida Memory, Inc. and Rexchip Electronics Corporation.
CEO Steven Appleton was killed in a one-man plane crash in February 2012. He was 51 years old.
1978 - Micron Technology, Inc. is officially founded in Boise, ID and incorporated.
1979 - Engineers finalize design for a 64K DRAM.
1980 - Ground is broken for a 50,000 sq. ft. wafer fabrication plant on 200 acres in Boise.
1981 - First fabrication facility is completed First 64K DRAM product is shipped.
1983 - First "shrink" of Micron's 64K DRAM die is completed. First assembly and test facility is completed.
1984 - Micron is reincorporated under the laws of the state of Delaware and becomes a publicly held company (NASDAQ: DRAM) in June 1984 with the sale of 2.1 million shares of common stock at an initial price of $14 per share.
1990 - On November 30, Micron lists its common stock on the New York Stock Exchange, Inc., under the symbol MU.
1996 - Micron creates Crucial Technology, a division to market and sell memory upgrades to end-users.
ZEOS International Ltd., Micron Computer, Inc., and Micron Custom Manufacturing Services, Inc. (MCMS) merged to become Micron Electronics, Inc.
2006 - Micron acquires Lexar Media to expand NAND Flash memory portfolio.
2009 - Micron moves its stock listing from the NY Stock Exchange to Nasdaq.
- Insurance coverage including medical, dental, vision, life, accidental death and dismemberment, short- and long-term disability and business travel accident.
- 401(k) plan allows team members to invest money in a variety of mutual funds, provides a company match to team member contributions and provides contributions based on the company's return on equity.
- In recognition of each team member's contribution to profitability, the company offers variable pay programs.
- Stock Options are offered to team members at management discretion.
- The Employee Stock Purchase Plan allows team members to purchase Micron Technology, Inc. stock at a discounted price.
- Paid time off is provided at a beginning rate of 11.5 hours per month and increases annually up to 15 hours per month.
- The Education Assistance Program provides tuition support for job and/or industry related courses and degree programs.
- An on-site Health Clinic in Boise is available to team members for personal and workplace health care.
- An on-site, premier Fitness Center in Boise is available for team members' use.
Updated February 5, 2014