Provides title insurance
and real estate services.
101 Gateway Centre Parkway
Richmond, VA 23235
CEO: Theodore Chandler Jr.
Stock Symbol: LFG
LandAmerica Financial Group has been completing
and protecting the nation's real estate investments for over
125 years. Providing title insurance as well as a broad range
of real estate transaction services, LandAmerica companies operate
through more than 1,000 branch offices and a network of more
than 10,000 active agents in the United States, Mexico, Europe,
Canada, the Caribbean, Latin America and Asia. LandAmerica customers
include mortgage lenders, real estate developers and brokers,
attorneys, and homebuyers.
- Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company
- Lawyers Title Insurance Corporation
- Transnation Title Insurance Company
- Title Insurance Company of America
The company also offers a broad range of
expanded services to provide realtors, attorneys, developers,
lenders, and investors what they need to conduct and complete
real estate transactions.
In 2006, LandAmerica reported revenues
of $3.88 billion and net income of $98.8 million.
With a slowdown in the housing market,
LandAmerica has seen pressures on its business and announced
it will reduce costs including job cuts.
The company traces its roots to 1876, when
the Real Estate Title Insurance Company of Philadelphia founded
the title insurance industry.
In 1925, Lawyers Title Insurance is established
in Richmond, VA.
In 1998, Lawyers Title Corporation acquires
Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company and Transnation Title
Insurance Company from Reliance Insurance Company, forming LandAmerica
Financial Group, Inc.
Employees working 30 or more hours per
week on a salaried basis are eligible for:
- Savings and Stock Ownership Plan Employees may invest up to 25% of their earnings
on a pre-tax basis in our 401(k) Plan. Vesting is immediate for
both employee contributions and the employer contribution,
which is 100% of the first 4% of what the employee contributes.
- Stock Purchase Employees are able to purchase
stock through payroll deduction at a 15% discount, with
NO brokerage fees.
- Medical, Dental, and Prescription Drug Coverage
Coverage begins the first day of the month following the day
- Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Accounts Reimbursement
accounts help employees offset the cost of eligible health and
dependent care expenses.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays New, full-time
employees begin their PTO accrual after the first pay period
of their employment; in addition to PTO, LandAmerica recognizes
nine paid holidays each year.
- Employee Development LandAmerica offers courses
and other learning resources, as well as an educational assistance
program to reimburse employees.
- Disability Income Short- and long-term disability
insurance are provided to employees the entire cost
of this coverage is paid for by LandAmerica.
- Accident Insurance Business travel insurance is
provided; affordable optional accidental death and dismemberment
protection is also available.
- Life Insurance LandAmerica pays for protection
equal to twice the employee's base pay.
LandAmerica also offers full-time employees:
- Real Estate Transaction Reimbursements
- Matching Grants
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Employee Discounts
Updated May 5, 2007