First Niagara Financial
Headquarters: 726 Exchange St.
Buffalo, NY 14210
CEO: Gary Crosby
Stock Symbol: FNFG
First Niagara Financial Group is the holding company for First Niagara Bank, N.A., a leading provider of financial services to consumers and businesses in upstate New York, and western and eastern Pennsylvania.
First Niagara Bank, N.A., is a multi-state community- oriented bank with $39 billion in assets, $28 billion in deposits, 410 branches and 5,600 employees providing financial services to individuals, families and businesses across Upstate New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and Massachusetts.
In 2014, First Financial reported revenues of $1.39 billion, down from $1.45 billion, and net loss of $743 million.
The company reportedly cut up to 200 managerial positions at the end of 2014.
First Niagara was founded in 1870 as Farmers and Mechanics Savings Bank and operated as Lockport Savings Bank until 2001.
The company acquired 195 bank branches in upstate New York and Connecticut from HSBC in May 2012 for $1 billion. Some locations were consolidated and most were converted to First Niagara branches.
We offer a competitive compensation package (salaries, rewards, incentives and benefits), awesome teammates, challenging and rewarding positions and a great working environment.
- Medical. After the first of the month following 30 days, we proudly offer employees medical benefits through a PPO (Preferred Provider Organization) administered by the Blue Cross Blue Shield Network.
- Dental Benefits. After the first of the month following 30 days, all full-time and part-time employees working 20+ hours per week are eligible for dental benefits through Guardian.
- Flexible Spending Accounts. After the first of the month following 30 days, all full-time and part-time employees working 20+ hours per week are eligible to participate in the accounts for healthcare, dependant care and transportation expenses.
- 401(k) Plan. After the first of the month following 90 days of employment, employees are eligible to enter our fantastic 401(k) plan. We provide a 100% employer match on the first 4% and 50% match on the next 2% of pay. Simply said, we match 5% of the 6% an employee sets aside with pre-tax money.
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) The ESOP plan is designed to provide eligible employees the advantages of ownership of stock in First Niagara Financial Group, Inc. after one year of employment with 1,000 hours of work. This Company paid program provides an opportunity to share in the success of the Company.
- Paid Time Off It is important that people spend time with their families and friends, or just take time to enjoy life. We offer generous paid time off policies. Employees who work 20+ hours a week and are non-commissioned are included in the paid time off programs.
- Vacation. If hired before August 31, employees are eligible for the following vacation in the hiring calendar year:
Thereafter, the annual vacation allotment is:
- Non-Exempt : 1 week
- Exempt : 2 weeks
- Designated Leadership : 4 weeks
- Non-Exempt : 2 weeks
- Exempt : 3 weeks
- Designated Leadership : 4 weeks
- Sporadic (Sick) Days Based on date of hire, full-time employees are eligible for 5 days per year and part-time employees are eligible for 8 hours. Any unused time (up to 120 hours) can be carried over from year to year.
- Floating Holidays If hired before August 31, full-time employees are eligible for 2 Floating Holidays and part-time employees are eligible for 8 hours.
- FNFG Holidays Employees are eligible at date of hire. The number of Holidays varies based on location, business unit and our ability to service the customer.
- Pay for Performance First Niagara believes in paying for performance. Qualified positions will be eligible for incentive programs throughout the year. Additionally, we have an annual program taht provides rewards when FNFG achieves our financial goals. Since these motivational programs are so diverse, please ask about the specifics during the interview process.
- Great People Will Do Great Things. We are committed to giving our employees the tools to grow and develop. Employees need to provide the motivation and drive to succeed through performance. Some of the progressive tools we have include a focus on promoting from within, a Management Development Program and a generous Tuition Reimbursement program to full time employees after just 9 months of service. Our First Niagara University program is so great; we gave it its own section.
- First Niagara University. We have not won any NCAA titles, but we clearly are champions of learning. Our University offers a myriad of training and development areas, whether it is for a current job, the dream job, or ways to improve personal effectiveness. New teammates experience our commitment to learning during our comprehensive orientation program, "First Niagara 101".
- Offering Discounts on Our Fine Products and Services. Boast about our organization and what we do! Employees are eligible for one free checking and savings account, free overdraft checking protection, a free safety deposit box and reduced mortgage points.
- Protection for Life’s Unfortunate Events. We provide financial security to employees and their families during these trying circumstances:
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Company paid Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Company paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance for you and your family
- Prepaid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Shield