Independent oil and
natural gas company.
Headquarters: 1111 Bagby, Sky Lobby 2
Houston, TX 77002
CEO: William Thomas
Stock Symbol: EOG
EOG Resources, Inc. is one of the largest independent (non-integrated) oil and natural gas companies in the United States with proved reserves in the United States, Canada, offshore Trinida, China and the United Kingdom North Sea.
As of December 31, 2013, EOG’s total estimated net proved reserves were 2,119 million barrels of oil equivalent (MMBoe). Approximately 94 percent of these reserves were located in the United States, 4 percent were in Trinidad, 1 percent were in Canada and 1 percent were in other international locations. Total company net proved liquids reserves increased 25 percent, year-over-year, and comprised 60 percent of the company’s total net proved reserves at year-end.
EOG’s total company production in 2013 was 186.2 MMBoe. Driven by a 40 percent increase in crude oil and condensate production, the company had a 9 percent overall increase in production compared to 2012. Approximately 88 percent of the company’s 2013 total production was in the United States and Canada.
In 2013, EOG reported revenues of $14.4 billion, up from $11.68 billion the previous year, and net income of $2.19 billion.
EOG was named to Fortune magazine’s list of “100 Best Companies to Work For” for the eighth consecutive year.
EOG became the largest producer of oil in the onshore lower 48 states, reaching 300 thousand barrels of oil per day of gross operated production by September 2013.
In 1999, EOG Resources, Inc. (EOG), formerly
Enron Oil & Gas Company, adopted a new name and declared
its independence from Enron Corp.
EOG's comprehensive Compensation Program
- Base pay
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Stock options
Additional employee reward opportunities:
- Recognition Awards (Personal Best Awards)
- Project Awards (Bcfe Award Program)
- Other Long-term incentives
EOG's comprehensive Benefits include:
- Retirement Plans
- Savings Plan (401k)
- Money Purchase Pension Plan
Flexible Benefits Plan
- Medical Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Daycare Spending Accounts
- Retirement Health Plans
- Vacation and Personal Time
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Short-term Disability/Paid Sick Leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Section 529 - College Bound Fund
- Education Assistance / Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Club / Fitness Center Subsidy
- Employee Referral Program
- Scholarship Program
- Matching Charitable Gifts Program
EOG's Work Environment:
- Compressed workweek in most operational locations
- Flextime in work schedule
- Casual Dress Policy
Updated October 27, 2014