Enbridge Energy Partners
Enbridge Energy Partners L.P., headquartered in Houston, is a leader in energy transportation in the Mid-Continent and Gulf Coast regions of the United States.
Its principal crude oil system delivers crude oil received primarily from western Canada to refining centers in the U.S. Midwest and to Ontario, Canada.
The Partnership transports crude oil, liquid petroleum and natural gas and operates natural gas midstream businesses. The Liquids Segment is conducted in large part through ownership of the U.S. portion of the world's longest liquid petroleum pipeline, which transports crude oil and natural gas liquids primarily from reserves in western Canada to refining centers in the U.S. Midwest and Ontario, Canada. The Partnership's Natural Gas Segment consists of gathering, transmission, processing, treating and marketing subsidiaries operating in the Mid-Continent and Gulf Coast regions.
Enbridge is a geographically and operationally diversified partnership consisting of interests and assets that provide midstream energy services. As of December 31, 2012, its portfolio of assets included the following:
- Approximately 6,500 miles of crude oil gathering and transportation lines and 35 million barrels, or MMBbl, of crude oil storage and terminaling capacity;
- Natural gas gathering and transportation lines totaling approximately 11,400 miles;
- Eight active natural gas treating plants and 25 active natural gas processing plants, including two hydrocarbon dewpoint control facilities, or HCDP plants, with a total aggregate capacity of approximately 3,105 million cubic feet per day, or MMcf/d, and plants we may idle from time to time based on current volumes;
- Trucks, trailers and railcars for transporting natural gas liquids, or NGLs, crude oil and carbon dioxide; and
- Marketing assets that provide natural gas supply, transmission, storage and sales services.
For 2012, the partnership reported revenues of $6.7 billion and net income of $493.1 million.
Updated December 10, 2013