New York, NY 10019
CEO: Punit Renjen
Deloitte is one of the world's top accounting and professional services firms. The firm provides audit, risk management, tax, consulting and financial advisory services to companies and organizations.
In the United States, Deloitte LLP is the member firm of global network Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu. Like DTT, Deloitte LLP does not provide services to clients. Instead, services are primarily provided by the subsidiaries of Deloitte LLP, including:
* Deloitte & Touche LLP
* Deloitte Consulting LLP
* Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP
* Deloitte Tax LLP
In fiscal 2016, the global network reported $36.8 billion in total revenues, up 9.5% from the previous year.
Risk Advisory division grew by 22.5 percent, aided by demand in cybersecurity services. Consulting grew by 10.8 percent.
Headcount grew by 8.5 percent, the highest increase of the last three years. Deloitte hired nearly 72,000 new professionals during the last fiscal year and has a total global workforce of 244,400.
The firm was named by Fortune magazine as one of the Best Companies to Work For in America for the 17th straight year.
the age of 15, William Welch Deloitte becomes an assistant
to the Official Assignee at the Bankruptcy Court in the City
of London. This was the ideal apprenticeship at that time for
a young man with an interest in the rapidly developing field
of public accounting.
opens his own accountancy office opposite the Bankruptcy Court
on Basinghall Street, London.
Touche establishes his own firm in London.
that creates Deloitte & Touche.
firm is named Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu.
global organization announces the launch of the new brand name
"Deloitte." The change means that the firms known in
various national and global markets as Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
and Deloitte & Touche, while retaining their local legal
names, will now be known by the brand "Deloitte."
Paid time off and holidays
PTO gives professionals the flexibility to manage time off in a way that works best for them. Deloitte’s PTO program gives professionals an allotment of days that encompass vacation, personal, and sick time. Actual PTO accrual will depend on the professional’s position and possibly on their years of eligible service. When combined with holidays, there are 35 days off on average with a minimum level of 30 days off per year. To provide additional flexibility, our program includes a carryover provision for unused PTO.
Life and family
Deloitte professionals have an extra layer of support from Deloitte’s family leave program that offers up to 16 weeks of fully paid family leave to support a range of life events impacting them and their families–from celebrating the arrival of a new child, to caring for a spouse or significant other, to supporting aging parents. Also under this family leave program, parents who give birth to a child are eligible for up to six months of paid time off when factoring in short-term disability for childbirth.
Deloitte offers counseling and referral services for professionals who are considering adoption, and reimbursement of up to $5,000 per child for eligible expenses related to an adoption.
Emergency Back-up Dependent Care (adults and children)
This service can be used when you need to be at work and your regular child or adult/elder care is unavailable. Care is available for infants through teenage children and adult relatives of Deloitte employees, up to a maximum of 30 days per employee per fiscal year.
Deloitte offers two sabbatical programs: an unpaid one-month sabbatical that can be taken for any reason; and a three- to six-month sabbatical that can be taken to pursue personal or professional growth opportunities in the areas of career development or volunteerism. While on a three- to six-month sabbatical, professionals continue to receive 40 percent of their pre-sabbatical base salary.
The program is voluntary and offers:
- An opportunity to achieve personal and professional goals
- Time to refresh and renew to help increase effectiveness, creativity and productivity
- An acknowledgment of hard work and dedication
Deloitte understands that for some, pets are another member of the family. To help cover the cost of health care for your pet, Deloitte offers a pet insurance program—at a special discount for US-based professionals. From routine office visits to significant medical incidents, the Veterinary Pet Insurance (VPI) provides protection for pets when they need it most. Depending upon the options you choose, your pet's policy can include coverage for a range of conditions related to: illnesses including cancer, routine medical care including vaccinations, de-worming, spay/neuter, and more. Policyholders are free to use any licensed veterinarian anywhere, even while away from home.
Medical, dental and vision
Deloitte's healthcare offerings include competitive medical, dental, and vision plans. Five different national medical plan options with three carriers are available. All of the plans provide:
- 100 percent coverage for in-network preventive services including well-child (e.g., immunizations), well-woman (e.g., mammogram, Pap smear), and well-man (e.g., prostate testing)
- Access to quality care through national provider networks
- Prescription drug coverage
- Protection against the cost of catastrophic illness or injury
- The ability to see a specialist without a referral
The dental plan provides access to in-network and out-of-network providers and coverage for major dental work including adult and child orthodontia. The dental benefit also includes three dental cleanings per year, with no deductible, paid at 100 percent of reasonable and customary charges. Deloitte also offers a discount vision benefit at no cost to the participant, as well as a voluntary vision plan that allows participants to elect additional coverage.
FSAs and HSAs
The health care flexible spending account (HCFSA) helps eligible plan participants save money on certain health care expenses—such as eligible medical, dental, and/or vision care expenses not paid by a Deloitte plan—for themselves or their eligible dependents through contributions made to an HCFSA account before-tax. Deloitte’s HCFSA also offers a debit card that allows immediate access to FSA funds when used at participating providers.
The dependent care flexible spending account (DCFSA) allows participants to set aside up to $5,000 from their before-tax pay for eligible dependent care expenses.
Participants in the High Deductible Health Plan offered by Deloitte may be eligible to establish a Health Savings Account (HSA). Contributing to an HSA provides an opportunity to build a personal fund to pay for current and future qualified health care expenses—tax-free. Similar to an individual retirement account (IRA), money is put away before-tax, investment returns are tax-sheltered, and distributions for qualified health care expenses are tax-free. And HSA participants can also elect to participate in a Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account, another way to save on eligible vision, dental, and preventive care expenses.
Before Tax Transportation Program
- The Before Tax Transportation program allows participants to save money on qualified parking or commuting costs.
Life insurance and disability
Deloitte offers a range of insurance and disability coverage to help protect professionals and their families from the financial impact of unforeseen circumstances.
- Life Insurance includes core coverage for our professionals. Optional life and accident coverage can be purchased for professionals and/or their eligible dependents
- Business Travel Accident (BTA) Insurance is provided at no cost to the participant.
- Deloitte provides Short Term Disability and core Long-Term Disability (STD and LTD) coverage at no cost to the participant. Additional LTD coverage is available for purchase as well.
Deloitte is committed to helping its professionals lead healthy lifestyles. As part of this, Deloitte covers 50 percent of qualifying health & fitness expenses (gym memberships, gym equipment, Weight Watchers, etc.) up to $500 per year, through its health and fitness subsidy.
Deloitte provides a defined benefit pension plan to help provide income in retirement at no cost to our eligible professionals. The pension plan provides:
- Vesting after three years of continuous service or attainment of age 62 while actively employed, regardless of years of service
- A monthly income for life or a one-time lump sum distribution after retirement
- Competitive cash balance formula
- Normal retirement at age 62
- Retirement as early as age 50 with completion of at least 10 years of service, or age 55 with completion of at least 5 years of service
Deloitte offers a 401(k) savings and investment plan, designed to help participants accumulate wealth in a tax-effective manner. Some plan highlights include:
- Contribute on a before-tax 401(k) basis or alternatively on an after-tax Roth 401(k) basis directly through payroll
- A diverse choice of investment options. Professional investment advice options are available to help you direct your contributions based on your needs and preferences.
- Make the most of Deloitte’s employer 401(k) match formula — $0.25 per dollar on the first 6 percent of eligible pay you contribute, for employees with at least 60 days of service at the end of the plan year. Participants are 100 percent vested in their own contributions and the related earnings. For those hired on or after May 29, 2011, employer matching contributions are 100 percent vested after just four years of continuous service. Partial vesting is available for employees with between one and four years of service.
- The plan allows participants to take a loan while actively employed.