Fortune 500 Job Source
Pennsylvania Job Source
Add Your Resume
Nation's leading cable TV operator.
1500 Market St.
Philadelphia, PA 19102
CEO: Brian Roberts
Stock Symbol: CMCSA
Comcast is the nation's leading provider of cable TV, broadband and entertainment services. The company provides cable TV, high-speed Internet and digital phone service to tens of millions of customers in 39 states and the District of Columbia.
In February, Comcast announced it would buy the remaining 49% stake in NBCUniversal held by GE for $16.7 billion. Comcast will have 100% ownership in NBCUniversal when the deal is completed. NBCUniversal includes the NBC Network, CNBC, MSNBC, Bravo, USA Network, Syfy, The Weather Channel and Comcast's own cable networks which include E! Entertainment Television, Style Network, The Golf Channel, G4, Sprout and Versus. It also owns Universal Pictures and Universal theme parks.
As of December 31, 2012, Comcast's Video, High-Speed Internet and Voice customers totaled 51.3 million, an increase of 1.5 million or 3% over the prior year. Video customers totaled 21.9 million, High-Speed Internet users totaled 19.3 million and voice customers totaled 9.9 million.
The company's products and services include:
- XFINITY TV: Comcast is the nation’s largest video provider and its Xfinity TV service offers the best new content and tens of thousands of entertainment options On Demand and online, along with new apps that enable customers to watch, search, discover and share top TV shows and movies whenever and wherever they want.
- XFINITY Internet: Comcast is the nation’s largest Internet service provider that offers some of the fastest speeds of up to 105 Mbps, as well as a reliable and safe online experience.
- XFINITY Voice: Comcast delivers innovative and reliable IP-enabled home phone service that includes all of the functions of traditional phone service, plus enhanced features that are integrated with other Comcast services.
- XFINITY Internet 2go: Xfinity Internet 2go is Comcast’s mobile Internet solution that provides super-fast (3G/4G) wireless Internet service.
- Comcast Business Class: Backed by industry-leading, 24/7 business-class support, Comcast provides advanced communication solutions to small and mid-sized organizations to help them meet their business objectives.
- Comcast Interactive Media: Comcast Interactive Media (CIM), a business unit of Comcast Cable, focuses on creating and operating online and mobile properties, such as xfinityTV.com and comcast.net, that make the world more entertaining for Comcast customers and makes it easier for them to find, manage and consume video content.
- Comcast Spotlight: The advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers through advanced technologies and innovative products that reach audiences in the most effective and efficient ways.
Comcast also has a majority ownership in Comcast Spectacor, whose major holdings include the Philadelphia Flyers NHL hockey team, the Philadelphia 76ers NBA basketball team and two large multipurpose arenas in Philadelphia.
In 2012, Comcast reported revenues of $62.5 billion, up 12% from the previous year, and net income of $7.8 billion.
Starting with the purchase of a single cable television system in Tupelo, MS, in 1963, Ralph Roberts went on to create the largest cable television company in the United States. The company went public in 1972. In 2002, Comcast merged with AT&T Broadband. Ralph Robert is now Chairman of the Executive Committee at Comcast and his son is the Chairman and CEO.
In November 2007, Comcast acquired The Walt Disney Company's 39.5 percent ownership stake in E! Networks for $1.23 billion, which includes E! Entertainment Television and Style Network. Comcast now has full ownership of the networks.
Outdoor Life Network changed its name to Versus in 2007. Versus became NBC Sports Network in 2012.
In January 2011, the company completed a transaction with GE to unite its cable networks with NBC Universal. The new business was called NBCUniversal LLC and Comcast held a controlling 51% stake in the venture and GE the remaining 49%.
Employees are eligible for comprehensive medical and prescription, dental and vision coverage.
Basic Life Insurance provides a benefit of 1 1/2 times annual base earnings. Employees have the option to purchase additional life insurance, spousal life insurance and child life insurance.
Short term disability benefits may continue for up to 26 weeks per calendar year. The short-term disability program is fully funded by Comcast. Employees can also elect long-term disability coverage.
Leave of Absence
If eligible, employees may request leave to take time off for events such as military duty, birth of a child, adoption of a child, bereavement, or in the event of their own or immediate family members' illnesses. Except for military leave, leaves of absence must be approved by management and may be granted in six-month intervals.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The EAP provides assistance with a wide range of personal issues and concerns on a confidential basis.
Comcast reimburses up to $5250 per calendar year for approved undergraduate and graduate degree-completion programs.
Through a combination of vacation days, flex time, and floating and paid holidays, newly hired employees can have up to 22 paid days off during the first year of employment.
401K - Retirement Investment Plan
Employees are eligible for tax-deferred savings of up to 50% (or up to the annual IRS limits) of qualified earnings through a payroll deduction and can choose from a variety of investment funds. Comcast matches 100% of an employee's first 6% of savings.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESSP)
The ESSP offers employees an opportunity to purchase shares of Comcast stock at a 15% discount. Each quarter, eligible employees may elect to contribute up to 10% of their pay (not to exceed $10,000 per year) toward the purchase of Comcast stock through payroll deductions. At the end of the quarter, the contributions will be used to purchase shares.
Additional Voluntary Benefits
Comcast offers voluntary benefits including pre-paid legal services, property casualty insurance, pet insurance and long-term care insurance through convenient after-tax payroll deductions.
Free Cable and OnLine Service
Courtesy Cable - employees are provided with the basic service, all pay services, discounted Pay-Per-View, and two outlets. Eligible employees must be in a Comcast-serviceable area, or an area in which we have a reciprocal agreement with the local cable provider.
Courtesy OnLine Service - Employees living within a Comcast-serviceable area will receive one free cable modem, including installation. Employees are responsible for the purchase of the network interface card (NIC).
Updated February 12, 2013