Builder of new homes.
2728 N Harwood
Dallas, TX 75201
CEO: Timothy Eller
Stock Symbol: CTX
Established in 1950 in Dallas, TX, Centex
Corporation is one of the nation's premier companies in building
and related services: Home Building, Home Services, Financial
Services and Construction Services.
Centex operates in major U.S. markets in
25 states and delivered more than 35,000 homes in the United
States in its most recent fiscal year ended March 31, 2007.
The company builds homes primarily in the
lower- and mid-Atlantic, Midwest, Southwest and West Coast. It
has more than 1,500 offices and construction job sites across
the nation and in the United Kingdom.
Other Centex businesses include:
CTX Mortgage Company, one of the nation's
largest retail mortgage originators, has more than 200 offices
and is licensed to do business in 46 states and the District
of Columbia. CTX Mortgage offers FHA/VA, conventional, conforming,
jumbo and specialty loans. CTX Mortgage originated almost $14
billion of loans in fiscal 2007.
Centex Title and Insurance
Centex's Title and Insurance operations
provide nationwide residential and commercial title insurance
and settlement services, including low-cost property reports
and appraisal products. Centex Insurance offers homeowners' insurance
to more than 100,000 customers nationwide and also offers life,
auto, boat, commercial, home warranty and umbrella policies.
HomeTeam Pest Defense
HomeTeam Pest Defense is the nation's largest
pest management company serving new home builders. In addition
to conventional pest control and termite treatment services,
HomeTeam offers the innovative TaexxTM built-in pest
control system which is installed during new home construction.
For fiscal 2007, the company had record
revenues of $12.0 billion. Net earnings were $268.3 million.
Dallas businessmen Ira Rupley and
Tom Lively formed Rupley-Lively Construction Company in
Dallas in 1947. Veterans returning from WWII armed with VA and
FHA loans provided an ample market for housing during this period,
as well as a well-trained construction worker force.
In 1950, Rupley and Lively incorporated
the company under the name -- Centex Construction Company. "Centex"
derives from "Central Texas."
The company opened an office in Dallas
with 54 employees and built $10,000-$12,000 starter homes in
Centex would go public in 1969.
- Medical and prescription drug coverage
(PPO/HMO options, depending where
- Dental coverage
- Vision exam and discount program
- A free, confidential telephone and online employee assistance
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for health care and
dependent care expenses
- Company-provided basic term life and accidental death &
dismemberment insurance for employees, plus supplemental
and dependent coverage options
- Short- and long-term disability coverage at no cost
to protect against loss of income
due to a non-work related illness or injury
- A profit sharing and retirement plan with employer contributions
and 401(k) pre-tax
- Paid holidays, vacation days
- A 529 college savings plan
- A continuing education program with 80% tuition reimbursement
- Direct deposit for both paychecks and expense reimbursements
- Service awards every five years
Employee discounts on:
- Centex home purchase
- Loan origination fees from CTX Mortgage Company and Centex
- HomeTeam Pest Defense services
- Appliances, automobiles, trucks
- Cellular phone plans, hotels, computers, etc.
Updated August 12, 2007