Capital District Physicians Health
Patroon Creek Blvd.
Albany NY 12206
CEO: John Bennett
The Capital District Physicians Health
Plan (CDPHP) is a health maintenance organization serving upstate
NY and Vermont.
It has more than 385,000 members in 24 New York counties: Albany, Broome, Chenango, Columbia, Delaware, Dutchess, Essex, Fulton, Greene, Hamilton, Herkimer, Madison, Montgomery, Oneida, Orange, Otsego, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Tioga, Ulster, Warren, and Washington.
With headquarters in Albany, CDPHP has
regional offices in Highland, NY and Syracuse, NY.
CDPHP was founded in 1984 as a not-for-profit
Individual Practice Association (IPA) model Health Maintenance
Organization (HMO) in Albany.
The CDPHP family of products includes more than 10,000 providers and practitioners under three business lines:
Capital District Physicians' Health
Plan, Inc. - HMO, Healthy New
York, Medicare Choice (group and individual), Medicaid, Child
Health Plus, and Family Health Plus.
CDPHP Universal Benefits, Inc. - Preferred provider organization (PPO); High Deductible
PPO (HDPPO); exclusive provider organization (EPO), and point-of-service
Capital District Physicians' Healthcare
Network, Inc. - Administrative services organization and self-insured plans.
In 2012, CDPHP reported revenues of $1.78 billion, up from $1.5 billion. Net income was $3.57 million.
1. HEALTH INSURANCE
2. LIFE INSURANCE
- EPO and HDPPO options to choose from (both include vision coverage)
- Coverage begins the first of the month following date of hire
- Deductions are on a pre-tax basis
- Separate dental coverage is available
- Life insurance equal to two times annual salary
- AD&D equal to two times annual salary
- Both benefits begin the first of the month following date of hire
3. FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT (FSA)
4. 401(k) PLAN
- Set aside money on a pre-tax basis to cover dependent care or unreimbursed medical expenses
- Up to a maximum of $5,000 per account
5. DISCRETIONARY MATCH
- Company match is effective immediately
- Eligible to enroll on the first of the month following date of hire
- Up to 75 percent of salary on a pre-tax basis
- Loans and hardship withdrawals available
- Roth option available
6. UNIVERSAL LEAVE (Combined vacation, sick, and personal time)
- Eligible after six months of service
- Fully vested after three years
- Variable company contribution
- Salaried employees accrue 22 days per year
- Hourly employees accrue 17 days per year
- Accrue another week of universal leave after completing three years
- Accrue another week of universal leave after completing nine years
- Roll-over or cash-out options at end of year
8. SHORT-TERM AND LONG-TERM DISABILITY/DEATH/DISMEMBERMENT INSURANCE
- 10 paid holidays (includes one floater holiday)
9. WORKERS' COMPENSATION AND UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE
- Company paid LTD with a 50 percent non-taxable benefit
- Company paid STD with a 70 percent non-taxable benefit
10. EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES
11. EMPLOYEE WELLNESS
- Extensive learning and skill development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
12. EMPLOYEE ACTIVITIES
- Employee wellness programs, on-site fitness center, fitness classes, on-site massage therapist
- Employee assistance program for confidential assessment, referral, and counseling services
13. OTHER PROGRAMS
- Various employee activities throughout the year
- Adoption benefit
- Many optional voluntary benefits are available, including home and auto coverage,
AFLAC, life, etc.
- State-of-the-art computer technology, including e-mail and Internet access
- Modern building with on-site cafeteria and fitness center, free parking, dry cleaning service,
- Business-casual attire, casual Fridays