Texas Job Source
Add Your Resume
Operates national casual-dining restaurant chains.
6820 LBJ Freeway
Dallas, TX 75240
CEO: Wyman Roberts
Stock Symbol: EAT
Brinker International operates 1,660 casual-dining restaurants in 31 countries under the names Chili's and Maggiano's Little Italy.
Restaurant Brands Include:
Chili's Grill & Bar (1,259 restaurants in U.S., 350 International restaurants)
Chili's is a full-service restaurant, featuring a casual atmosphere and a varied Tex Mex menu of chicken, beef, pork and seafood entrees, steaks, fajitas, sandwiches, salads, appetizers, desserts, and our legendary Big Mouth Burgers and Baby Back Ribs. All of our menu items are prepared fresh daily according to special Chili's recipes. Most Chili's restaurants have a full-service Margarita Bar serving alcohol, with a variety of specialty margaritas, including our signature drink, the Presidente Margarita. Chili's also offers the convenience of a To-Go menu and To-Go entrance in most locations.
Chili's team members are dressed casually in jeans, knit shirts or t-shirts, and aprons to reinforce the casual, informal environment. The décor of a Chili's restaurant consists of booth seating, tile-top tables, hanging plants and wood and brick walls covered with interesting memorabilia. Each restaurant has 150-220 seats.
During fiscal 2016, at company-owned restaurants, entrée selections ranged in menu price from $6.00 to $18.99. The average revenue per meal, including alcoholic beverages, was approximately $14.78 per person. Food and non-alcoholic beverage sales constituted approximately 85.9% of Chili's total restaurant revenues, with alcoholic beverage sales accounting for the remaining 14.1%. Average annual sales volume per Chili's restaurant during this same year was $3.0 million.
Maggiano's Little Italy (51 restaurants in U.S.)
Maggiano's is a classic Italian-American restaurant in the style of New York's Little Italy in the 1940s. Maggiano's restaurants are casual, full-service restaurants featuring family-style menus and extensive banquet facilities that host events up to 300 people. Each restaurant has 500-700 seats. There is a full lunch and dinner menu offering chef-prepared, classic Italian-American fare in the form of appetizers, bountiful portions of pasta, chicken, seafood, veal and prime steaks. Maggiano's restaurants also offer a full range of alcoholic beverages.
At Maggiano's, entrée selections in fiscal 2016 ranged in menu price from $13.95 to $42.50. The average revenue per meal, including alcoholic beverages, was approximately $27.00 per person. During this same year, food and non-alcoholic beverage sales constituted approximately 84.0% of Maggiano's total restaurant revenues, with alcoholic beverage sales accounting for the remaining 16.0%. Sales from events at banquet facilities made up 18.3% of total restaurant revenues for the year. Average annual sales volume per Maggiano's restaurant during this same year was $8.4 million.
For fiscal 2016, Brinker International reported revenues of $3.25 billion, up from $3.0 billion, and net income of $200.7 million.
The company plans to open 57 new restaurants worldwide in fiscal 2016 and 48-57 in fiscal 2017.
Brinker International traces its original roots to 1975. In the following year it was renamed Chili's, Inc. Chili's first started as a neighborhood-style restaurant that served quality homemade food in a casual atmosphere. Sales grew quickly and additional restaurants flourished. In 1983, Chili's, Inc. attracted the attention of Norman Brinker, one of the restaurant industry's preeminent leaders, who bought the company and took it public that same year.
The company's name was changed in 1991 to Brinker International, Inc.
The company sold the Romano's Macaroni Grill chain in 2008 for $131.5 million but retains a 15.6% ownership stake.
Brinker sold the On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina chain to Golden Gate Capital in 2010 for $180 million.
Here are some of the benefits provided by Brinker. They include: medical, dental, vision, life, legal assistance, vacations every six months, health club reimbursement, tuition assistance, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts
Restaurant manager salary range starts at $36,000/year and can extend to $56,000/year. Monthly bonuses for managers averages around $300-$500/month. There is also a 401(k) program with a company match and stock option grants for managers.
Updated October 27, 2016