National law firm.
One Atlantic Center, 1201 West Peachtree St.
Atlanta, GA 30309
Managing Partner: Richard Hays
Alston and Bird is a national law firm with over 800 attorneys.
Offices are located in: Atlanta, GA; Charlotte, NC; Dallas, TX; Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY; Research Triangle, NC; Silicon Valley, CA; Washington, DC and Brussels.
The firm's core practice areas are intellectual
property, complex litigation, corporate and tax, with national
industry focuses in health care, energy, financial services,
and public policy.
Companies that Alston Bird represent include UPS, The Dow Chemical Company, Bank of America, Delta Air Lines, Aflac, Nokia, The Prudential Insurance Company of America and Twentieth Century Fox.
Alston and Bird was named to Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" for the 14th consecutive year. It's the only law firm to make the list for 14 straight years.
The firm's history dates back to 1893 through
the long roots of the Alston, Miller & Gaines' predecessor
firms. The merger with Jones, Bird and Howell formed Alston &
Bird on December 1, 1982. Expansion beyond Georgia began with
the establishment of an office in Washington, DC, followed by
the 1997 merger with Bell Seltzer Park & Gibson (Charlotte
and Raleigh, NC) and Walter, Conston, Alexander & Green in
2001 (New York, NY), and the acquisition of Crews, Shepherd &
McCarty LLP in 2007 (Dallas, TX). Alston & Bird's Silicon
Valley office opened on August 1, 2008.
Info for staff members:
* Competitive salaries
* Paid overtime after 37.5 hours for non-exempt employees (after
35 hours in NYC)
* Merit bonus program
* Generous PTO policy
* 10 paid holidays including 2 floating holidays
* Paid leave for time spent performing community service
* Choice of three comprehensive PPO medical
plans including marriage counseling benefits and $25,000 in infertility
* $2400 for medical opt out
* Dental and vision plans available
* Domestic partner benefits
* Supplemental cancer, accident, and intensive care plans available
* Flexible spending accounts/health savings accounts available
* Firm-paid short term disability
* Firm-paid life and long term disability insurance
* Supplemental life, long term disability, long term care and
accidental death and dismemberment insurance available
* 7% Profit sharing
* 401(k) with match
* Quarterly investment education seminars
* Vehicle discounts
* Lasik surgery
* Group banking
* Health clubs
Updated July 9, 2013