Albany Medical Center
Human Resources: 22 New Scotland Avenue
Albany, NY 12208
CEO: James Barba
Albany Medical Center is a leading hospital serving the Capital Region of New York. It is the only academic health sciences center in the 25 counties of eastern New York and western New England.
The Center incorporates the 651-bed Albany Medical Center Hospital, one of New York's largest teaching hospitals and Albany Medical College, one of the nation's first private medical schools. It also includes a biomedical research enterprise, and the region s largest physicians practice with 350 doctors.
There are 568 medical students enrolled at Albany Medical College.
In 2011, Albany Medical Center reported 68,121 emergency room visits. Total revenue for the center was $897.1 million in 2010 and expenses were $876 million. Salaries and benefits made up $505.8 million.
Albany Med has 325 full-time physicians on its faculty and 600 volunteer physicians.
Albany Medical Center announced it will find ways to collaborate with Glens Falls Hospital to improve patient care in the region.
Albany Medical College was first founded in 1839 and is one of the oldest medical schools in the nation. Albany Hospital was founded in 1849.
Albany Medical Center was created in 1982 which included the hospital and college.
* Generous Paid Time Off program (including Holiday, Vacation, Personal and Sick time)
* Health Insurance (choice of self-insured Point of Service plan or an HMO)
* Dental Insurance
* Employer paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance
* Defined Benefit Pension Plan (non-contributory)
* Pre-Tax Spending Programs for Out-of-Pocket Medical and Dependent Care expenses
* Employee Assistance Program
* New York State Short Term Disability
* Worker's Compensation
* Business Travel Accident Insurance
* Tuition Reimbursement program
* Continuing Education Program
* Tax-Deferred Annuity program
* Pre-Tax Transportation and Parking arrangements
* Long Term Care Insurance
* Supplemental Life Insurance
* Supplemental Short Term Disability
Plus many other employee services, such as:
* Exercise Rooms
* On-Site Daycare
* On-Site Travel Services
* Out-Patient Pharmacy Discount
* On-Site Credit Union and Bank
* On-Site Dry Cleaners
* Food Cooperative
* Fitness Facility Discounts
* Nursing Rooms for Moms
* Discounted Cellular Phone Service
* On-Site Postal Service Center
* Gift Shop
* Direct Deposit
* Wellness Program