Pennsylvania Job Source
Add Your Resume
Largest distributor of industrial gases.
259 No. Radnor-Chester Rd.
Radnor, PA 19087
CEO: Michael Molinini
Stock Symbol: ARG
Airgas, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is the largest U.S. distributor of industrial, medical, and specialty gases and related hardgoods, such as welding supplies. Airgas is a leading U.S. producer of atmospheric gases with 16 air separation plants, a leading producer of carbon dioxide, dry ice, and nitrous oxide, one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products, and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
Airgas Chairman Peter McCausland founded the company in 1982. Through nearly 450 acquisitions and internal growth, Airgas has built the largest national distribution network in the packaged gas industry.
More than 16,000 employees work in approximately 1,100 locations, including branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty gas labs, production facilities and distribution centers. Airgas also markets its products and services through e-Business, catalog and telesales channels.
In fiscal 2013, sales increased 2% over the prior year to $5.07 billion and net income of $350.7 million.
During fiscal year 2014, the Company acquired 11 businesses with aggregate annual sales of approximately $82 million, including The Encompass Gas Group, Inc., one of the largest privately-owned suppliers of industrial, medical, and specialty gases and related hardgoods in the U.S.
Compensation, Retirement Savings and Stock Purchase Program
* Competitive Salaries
* 401(k) Retirement Plan
* Employee Stock Purchase Program
* Medical - Two “Build Your Own” PPO (Preferred Provider Organization) Options - HMO (Healthcare Maintenance Organization) alternatives
* Dental - Two Plan Options
* Prescription Drug Plan
* Vision Care Plan
* Healthcare and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts
* Basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
* Elective Additional Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
* Elective Spouse and Dependant Life Insurance
* Short-Term Disability Coverage with Optional “Buy-Up” Plan
* Basic Long-Term Disability Insurance with Optional “Buy-Up” Coverage
* Worker’s Compensation
Time Away From Work
* Vacation Which Increases With Years of Service
* Sick Time
* Holiday Pay Training & Development
* On-site Training Programs
* Leadership Development
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Scholarship Programs
* Healthcare Discounts
* Employee Assistance Program
* Automobile, Home and Personal Property Insurance
Updated September 17, 2014